Welcome to my make-up corner of my blog! All the information here is my own. I have taken the time to research this and to give my best possible opinion on this however, I’m not an expert so if you have any questions please feel free to comment or even contact me!
When starting out with make-up you should know your “face shape” and what your skin type is.
Skin types can be: normal, oily, dry, sensitive, or combination.
SETTING SPRAYS FOR ALL SKIN TYPES:
- Urban decay all nighter make up setting spray
- Urban Decay de-slick makeup setting spray oil control (oily & combination)
- Ben Nye Finale Seal matte Makeup sealer
- ELF Cosmetics studio make up mist & set (you can use it for oily skin but i prefer combination or even dry skin b/c it does have a tendency to make ME oil)
- NYX MATTE FINISH LONG LASTING SETTING SPRAY
- Ulta Makeup setting spray
- Tatcha luminous dewy skin mist
- MAC prep + prime Fx+ (heaven in a bottle)
- Coola Makeup setting spray spf 30
Normal Skin Type:
– not too dry and not too oily. It has:
- none to few imperfections (blemishes, pimples,acne)
- no severe redness
- barely visible lines
Is your skin normal?
FOUNDATIONS FOR NORMAL SKIN:
– Covergirl clean liquid make-up normal skin
– Becca Perfect Skin Mineral Powder
– Revlon Colorstay active light makeup
Combination Skin Types:
– can be dry or “normal” in some areas and oily in others.
– if you are oily in the “T-Zone” which is the nose, forehead, and chin.
- Overly dilated pores
- shiny skin
Do you have combination skin?
FOUNDATIONS FOR COMBINATION SKIN:
– Revlon ColorStay makeup, combination/oily
– Clinique super balanced makeup
– Bareminerals original foundation
– Dior- DiorSkin Nude Skin Glowing Makeup
– Make up Forever – HD invisible cover foundation
– Bobbi Brown- Skin Foundation stick
– Smashbox camera ready BB water
– Tarte Amazonian clay 12-hr full coverage foundation spf 15
– Dolce & Gabbana – the foundation perfect finish (such a splurge tbh)
Sensitive Skin Types:
– you can have sensitive skin for many reasons
– do you have:
Do you have Sensitive Skin?
FOUNDATIONS FOR SENSITIVE SKIN:
– Clinique Super balanced makeup
– L’oreal true match super blendable foundation
– maybelline fit me matte-poreless
– bare minerals bareskin pure brightening serum foundation
– Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (my favvvvvv. this feels like air or even clouds)
– Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
– Revlon colorstay whipped creme foundation
– YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating foundation
OILY SKIN TYPE:
– Your skin can become oily or worse by the year or weather, (is it cold/hot/muggy/cloudy/windy)
do you have:
- enlarged pores
- dull or shiny, thich complexion
- blackheads,pimples, or other blemishes
Do you have Oily Skin?
FOUNDATIONS FOR OILY SKIN:
– MAC pro longwear foundation (one my currents)
– Maybelline fit me matte + poreless foundation
– Nars Sheer Matte foundation
– Estee Lauder double wear stay-in place makeup SPF 10
– Clinique stay-matte oil-free makeup
– Clinique Pore Refining Solutions instant perfecting make-up (foundation)
DRY SKIN TYPE:
– Your skin can crack, peel, become itchy, or irritated.
– Genetics, hormonal changes, wind, sun, cold, UV radiation, different ingredients in products can be some causes of dry skin.
do you have:
- almost invisible pores
- dull or rough skin complexion
- red patches
- more visible lines/wrinkles
Do you have dry skin?
FOUNDATIONS FOR DRY SKIN:
– L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup
– NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
– Estee Lauder women’s Lucidity Light-Diffusing Makeup
– Mac Mineralize Foundation
– Revlon Age Defying Makeup with Botafirm
– Revlon makeup colorstay foudnation makeup normal to dry skin
Let us all make our cheek bones POPPPP! Hehe
I will provide a picture that’s probably ^^ up there for how to contour with different face shapes.
Products that are good for contouring:
-Anastasia beverly hills cream contour kit
-Anastasia beverly hills powder contour kit (personally, not my fav, i love the other one better)
-NYX Cosmetics 3c Conceal correct contour palette
-Kat Von D Shade+light contour palette (I LOVE THIS PALETTE)
-Too faced cocoa contour chiseled to perfection palette
-NYX cosmetics highlight & contour pro powder palette (my fav. drug store)
-BH Cosmetics contour & blush palette (very affordable, you can buy it at bhcosmetics.com, very cheap but great quality in my opinion)
-Smash box step by step contour kit
-Morphe 9 color highlight/contour palette- 9c
-LA COLORS “ I LOVE MAKEUP” Contour palette
* I will post a pic that will end up ^^ up there on how to fill in your brows ** Products for eyebrows:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade (MY FAV. PRODUCT EVER I SWEAR BY IT hehe, i got a little bit too happy sorry)
-Anastasia beverly hills brow definer
-Anastasia beverly hills brow wiz
-Too faced brow envy brow shaping & defining kit
-Benefit cosmetics gimme brow gel
-Anastasia beverly hills brow powder duo
– I’m not doing lips because I feel like if you have fair skin or dark skin and want to wear a BLACK LIPSTICK YOU CAN! Yes, some lipsticks I like make me look way too pale but if i want to buy it and use a dark lipliner underneath it I will.
– BUT, if you would like me to tell/give you a guide on what color lipstick would fit your skintone you can always ask me a question and I shall provide that info. for you 🙂
– I think I have it allllll covered, between looking at Sephora and my own products. I won’t do mascara because there is so many out there and my fav. mascara’s currently are: they’re real, and jordana best length extreme mascara, and YSL volume effect fauz cils’ mascara (also known as my baby)
– I might end up doing another link with the steps of how Ido my make-up but for now you can ask questions if you’d like.
REMEMBER TO ALWAYS PREP & PRIME.
Hope you enjoy reading this & I hope I helped out anyone to the best of my abilities.
Stay Glam, Stay Fab, Stay You,