Hello Welcome Back to NUOMB!
Did I mention I love cooking? Because I do.
I decided, that this will finally be the time I start sharing my recipes or well favorite ones. This one is a favorite of mine.
- – I used 12oz of ground beef (however you can use 1lb of ground beef for more meat we prepare our meats differently because we are the only 2 adults eating)
- 1 1/2 cups rice (washed)
- 4 bell peppers (can use more I don’t suggest using more than 6 but to each it’s own)
- 2 tspn Goya Adobo (Yes I use this i’m too lazy to use my spices sometimes)
- 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce (don’t throw out rest)
- 2 dollops sour cream
- *Optional Add in of Corn* Use about 1 can
- Place the rice in water and wash the rice. (If you don’t know how to wash rice basically put the rice in a deep saucepan that you will use to cook it in place water in about halfway and swirl around with your hands clockwise and counterclockwise a few times and throw away the water but be careful to not throw away any rice. (although side note: I always throw away some it’s ok) Do this a few times unless the rice water becomes semi-clear (it doesn’t have to be perfect I do it max 4 times).
- After washing the rice, fill with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover it with a lid and cook it for ONLY 20 minutes. *PS. Pay attention you may have to stir occasionally or remove lid to let steam out*
- When there is 12 minutes lefts add in optional corn (or any other veggie)
- PREHEAT OVEN: 350 degrees F
- As the rice is cooking, season the ground beef with your Adobo (or preferred spices) and start to cook your ground beef. After 5 minutes of cooking on medium heat add in tomato sauce and sour cream. Do not over cook only cook until evenly brown. About 10-12 minutes.
- When everything is done. Add the ground beef into the sauce pan of rice and mix together. (to reduce dishes.. duh 🙂 )
- Take out your peppers, and remove the tops, seeds, and membranes. Grab a pan (I used a baking dish as you can see in the picture) and grease it well. I use PAM Spray and I seriously go to town it’s ridiculous.
- After arranging your peppers in the pan add in your mixture of ground beef and rice into the peppers. Top the peppers with remaining 1/2 can of tomato sauce and place in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Take out, let cool and enjoy.